As the response to the COVID-19 outbreak in Victoria continues to develop, we are all facing significant challenges. During this difficult time Wombat will remain open and continue to provide a service to those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
We have reviewed our processes to enhance staff and client’s safety, methods of communication and provision of information. We will continue to develop new service delivery models to ensure we can assist the community in responding to the additional support required for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Currently Wombat can:
- Provide regular contact and support via phone and email
- Assist with dropping off food & essential items in line with social distancing requirements
- Provide referrals and advocacy
- Develop social isolation care plans as required
- Monitor the health, safety and wellbeing of clients
We will continue to adjust out service delivery in line with government recommendations & DHHS guidelines.