Singles Support Program
The Singles Support Program provides support to single adults who are living in transitional housing and on an outreach basis. The program also provides support and short-term linkage support to Rooming House residents.
The services that the program provides are:
- To help secure long-term accommodation either in private rental, public, community housing;
- To address the barriers that may prevent access to long term accommodation;
- To provide case management support;
- To help develop the skills needed by people to manage independent living;
- To provide appropriate referrals to specialist services when required.
Who is eligible:
- Adults aged over 25 years of age;
- Homeless or at risk of homelessness;
- Need to be willing to participate in the support program, which involves at least fortnightly meetings;
- Need to develop living skills;
- In receipt of an independent income;
- Able to manage independent living;
How to access the program:
Contact the access point, Unison. Unison will complete assessment and if deemed appropriate, and a vacancy exists, the person will be referred to Wombat's Singles Support Program.
Assessment will be completed with the support worker to confirm eligibility.